Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Into the Wilderness






Jacket: Thrifted | Dress: F21 | Boots: Aldo | Tights: Chinatown | Jewelry: F21/Vietnam

These past two weeks have been really good to me. I aced my Chem midterm, started to do cardio again, launched this blog, and to top it all off, Tết (Lunar New Year) is this weekend! That means red envelopes and money huhuhu.

For my OOTD, I decided to go with a simple black F21 dress that is actually a dupe of the Brandy Melville Bethan dress. I stacked on silver necklaces and a few rings to add that extra "unf" to my outfit, a balance between girly and edgy. Because the weather has also been getting a bit more chilly, I threw on a pair of sheer tights and an olive green jacket that I thrifted a while back. For shoes, I went with my (current) favorite pair of Aldo boots that my boyfriend got for me as a Christmas present last year.

You see, I have a little theory about life that I like to tell myself: If you put in the effort to dress nicely, the rest of your day will be so much better than if you had bummed it out. So even with midterms rolling around, I still like to look put-together because it's always a confidence-booster for me. For all you high school kids and college peeps who are currently stressing over tests and midterms, put aside ten minutes in the morning to put on a nice outfit because I guarantee you that it'll give you the extra confidence to help you ace your test. Until next time,

xx Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment